Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Minecraft Hour of Code Designer

I think that the Minecraft Hour of Code Design is really cool and helps us understand what goes on behind the screen and lets us create our own Minecraft which is awesome! Minecraft Hour of Code Design is part of Hour of Code which is a website that helps us learn how to code. I had so much fun playing Minecraft Hour of Code Design! It taught me the different things that go into each mob like when spawned, when touched, when used, when attacked, when day, and when night. 
You also get to make certain noises and items drop/happen when you do certain things in the game. 

Plus I you get to learn how to make a mob move towards or away from you. It makes me understand what goes on inside Minecraft more so now I understand some of the weird things that have been happening to me at home in Minecraft and at school in the game that we are making.
I was taught how to make mobs (or anything really) do certain things when one thing happens like it turning day or them being attacked. We also used a "forever do ____" which I hadn't used before. This let me make something do the same exact thing forever, like make a chicken move two steps forwards and turn in a random direction or make a cow mo every five steps.
 When you learn coding like this it helps you understand what goes into everything instead of staring at tons of words and symbols and wondering what they mean. 

No comments:

Post a Comment